Land train Prices
Join us for a scenic journey with panoramic views of Christchurch harbour, the nature reserve and the sea
Current service status
Land Train: running daily from 17 May 2021 - card payments only
The land train service started up again on Monday 17 May. It runs daily from 10am until 5pm (with the last train coming back to the Hiker Cafe terminal from Mudeford Spit at 5:15pm).
Please note: due to COVID restrictions we can only accept card payments. You cannot pay by cash.
Land Rover: pre-bookings with card payments only
Our Land Rover service is currently operating for pre-bookings only. Please either email the train office or phone 01202 425517 at least 48 hours before to check availability. Please make sure we have your contact details, travel dates and hut number.
Please note, the Land Rover can only take a small number of passengers due to COVID restrictions and we are taking card payments only.
Tickets for the Hengistbury Head land train service are only available from the guards on the train.
Ticket prices are one-way. Card payments only. Please pay the guard on the train.
- Adults £2.20
- Children (4-16 years) £0.60
- Family Ticket (2 adults, up to 3 children and 1 dog) £5.50
- Dogs £0.20
- Luggage from £0.50 (pushchairs are free**)
- Boats/trailers from £5.00
- Land Rover £20.00. This service is for beach hut and Black House users to transport their luggage or equipment. Booking required at least 48 hours in advance, ideally 72 hours please. Please call 01202 425517 or email us to book.
- Groups: for groups of 20 or more people, please email us to confirm a price.
** The land train can accommodate carry-on luggage only. Please pre-book the Land Rover service for a lot of luggage to take to a beach hut (see details above)