There is so much going on at Hengistbury Head - what will you discover?
Take a look at our full 'Performing the Past' events programme, where you can take part in events, guided walks and activities showing Hengistbury Head as a scene of settlement and ceremony for more than twelve thousand years.
To book any events, please call the visitor centre on 01202 128444.
We hold gentle guided walks regularly at Hengistbury Head or Wick Fields. Highlights include stopping to look at birds, trees, flowers, insects and more on our walks, and we even have the occasional nature poem along the way. The walks start at the Visitor Centre, and booking is essential - call 01202 122844. Here are some forthcoming dates:
- Thursday 19 May, 10am - 12pm - The Joys of Spring - £3pp
- Friday 10 June, 10am to 12pm - Flowers and Insects - £3pp
Monday Morning Meanders
All walks will start at 10am and last up to 2 hours. These events are free with no need to book. Here are the forthcoming dates with meeting points:
- 6 June - Longham Lakes - Car Park off A348, just past Kings Arms (BH22 9AA)
- 13 June - Riverlands - Wick Lane Car Park (BH6 4LF)
- 20 June - Throop - Throop Mill Car Park (BH8 0DH)
- 27 June - Stour Valley (Meadows Walk) Granby Road Car Park, off Muscliffe Lane (BH9 3NZ)
- 4 July - Bournemouth Gardens - Coy Pond Road (BH12 1JU)
- 11 July - Canford Park SANG - From Magna Road, turn right into Knighton Lane, 3/4 mile after Bear Cross (BH12 3AS)
- 18 July - Strouden Woods - Side of B & M Home Store, Mallard Road (BH8 9PE)
- 25 July - Stour Valley (Meadows Walk) Granby Road Car Park off Muscliffe Lane (BH9 3NZ)
- 1 August - Boscombe Chine Gardens - Gravel Car Park East Overcliffe Drive (BH1 3HP)
- 8 August - Turbary Common - layby opposite 120 Turbary Park Avenue (BH11 8HU)
- 15 August - Littledown and Kings Park - steps in Littledown Centre Car Park (BH7 7DX)
- 22 August - Iford Meadows - playing fields car park off Iford Lane (BH6 5NF)
- 29 August - Stanpit Marsh - Car Park in Stanpit Road (BH23 3ND)
- 5 September - Millhams Mead - St Andrew's Church Car Park, Millhams Road (BH10 7LN)
- 12 September - Hengistbury Head - Solent Meads Golf Course Car Park, Rolls Drive(BH9 4NA)
- 19 September - The Chines - Southern Entrance to Alum Chine, Alumhurst Road (BH4 8HS)
- 26 September - Stour Valley (Wilderness Way) Granby Road Car Park, Off Muscliffe Lane (BH9 3NZ)
Our events and activities at Hengistbury Head Visitor Centre and Nature Reserve are running in line with the latest government guidance.
We have a programme of temporary exhibitions too, all related to the topics we love at Hengistbury - geography, archaeology, local history, art and much more.
Find out what's on display in our Upstairs Gallery inside the Visitor Centre.